Friday, the Red Hot Chile Peppers officially ends their break with the premiere of "The adventures of rain dance Maggie", the first single from their upcoming album, as I am with you .

About a month before the premiere of "maggie", MTV News sits with the RHCP Anthony Kiedis and Josh Klinghoffer in Venice, California, to talk about the new album (and the long pause that preceded it). We will be rolling over the interview that closer us of I'm with youfrom the date of exit on August 30, but we have already given fans of taste of what they can expect, when Kiedis and Klinghoffer explained the genesis of the title of the album.

And now, with "Maggie" officially out of the box, we felt it is time to draw the curtain on the second part of the cat, in which Kiedis revealed the origins of the song itself — roots that started with a jam session an hour and exactly a classical bass line.

"When I heard ['Maggie'], I didn't know that it would be one." [But] I knew that I liked the jam,"Kiedis explained." "My first record that I do not think that it was a lot of singing on it.". It is kind of primarily instrumental, about an hour long. Chips introduced a very specific exercise to write a line of classic bass. He woke up, had his tea, sitting: ' I am going write a line of classic bass. You cannot stop me. "Played its bass line, until he felt that it was cooked in a classic, to us and said," this is classic Number One ". On a good day, you know if there is music wrestle with and obtain, and it is one of those moments. »

If Kiedis sat and listened to the runway and was immediately struck by the propulsive groove that Flea was set. And things simply disbonded from there with Klinghoffer by adding a line of guitar winging and drummer Chad Smith, providing a backbeat loose, flexible. But even if things were taking shape, Kiedis said that he never thought "maggie" would be at best a b-side. If this.

"I took in and therefore felt pleasure to listen to in detail that I literally left on in my driveway, has opened the door and danced with the tree in my side for some time", he said. "I had no idea that it is even a song, I just thought, ' Oh, it's a large dance floor." Need a face b, [a] hour long. "And then, as fate would have, means, and they were like, ' Oh, this is your best thing. This is your best thing. » "

And if, finally, "the adventures of rain dance Maggie" crossed the official jam of single first. And now that it is there, Kiedis knows he is asked many times just who is this Maggie. Unfortunately, it is not about to reveal his inspirations.

"It is just a collection of memories and dance in my conscience and the old PEN on paper with a view to the come along the way who had perhaps left my conscience until I heard that music and then they type in", he smiled. "The names changed to protect the innocent." Although it y is a Maggie, I realized later. There are two Maggies, really ".

What do you think of the new pepper song? Let us know in the comments!